Influenced by the tropical flavour of Pina Colada, Ontario strawberries turn this simple dessert into something sensational.
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) graham crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 2 pkg (each 8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each granulated sugar, lime juice, rum and shredded coconut
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced Ontario Strawberries
Stir crumbs with butter and water until evenly moistened. Press onto bottom of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan, creating slight upward slope at side. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven, for 10 minutes; set aside to cool.
In large bowl and using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice, almond extract and vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven just until set and golden brown around edge, 35 to 45 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
In bowl, combine sugar, lime juice, rum and coconut; stir in sliced strawberries. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to blend flavours. Spoon over wedges of cheesecake.
Tip: To speed up preparation time, use store-bought frozen cheesecake. Just thaw and spoon strawberry topping onto wedges.
- Protein: 11.5 grams
- Fat: 38.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 49.0 grams
- Calories: 589