This Ontario version of succotash has crisp textures and fresh flavours. It is a colourful addition to any barbecue or buffet.
- 2 large cobs Ontario Corn
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Orange Pepper
- 2 large cloves Ontario Garlic, crushed
- 2 cups (500 mL) bite-size pieces Ontario Green Beans
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) coarsely chopped Ontario Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced fresh Ontario Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
Garnish: fresh Ontario Basil Leaves
Slice kernels from corn cobs; set aside. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook orange pepper and garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
Stir in corn, green beans and water; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or just until beans are tender-crisp.
Stir in tomatoes, sliced basil, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until tomatoes are warm. Garnish with basil leaves. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- PROTEIN: 3 grams
- FAT: 3 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 15 grams
- CALORIES: 95
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 230 mg