Enjoy spicy Ontario potatoes and sweet potatoes topped with a flavourful Middle Eastern-style dressing. Both potatoes and dressing can be made ahead and assembled before serving. Reheat potatoes or serve at room temperature.
Roasting Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 to 4 unpeeled Ontario Sweet Potatoes, about 1-1/4 lbs (625 g)
- 1 large unpeeled Ontario Potato
- 1 small Ontario Red Onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each ground cumin and cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plain Ontario Yogurt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tahini
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, crushed
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin seeds
Slice sweet and regular potatoes in half lengthwise. Then cut each half into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick wedges. Peel onion, leaving stem intact. Slice into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wedges. Place vegetables in large bowl. Stir in oil. In small bowl, stir together chili powder, salt, cumin and cayenne. Sprinkle over vegetables; stir to evenly coat. Place on large parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, stirring after 15 minutes. Continue to roast 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Dressing: Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together yogurt, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt and pepper.
Place potato mixture on platter. Drizzle with yogurt dressing. Sprinkle with coriander and pumpkin seeds.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 4 grams
- FAT: 4 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 39 grams
- CALORIES: 206
- FIBRE: 5 grams
- SODIUM: 270 mg