Tangy, creamy chèvre (goat cheese) is the perfect complement to this colourful, sweet yet savoury side dish. Serve with pork tenderloin or chicken. Freeze any leftovers to add to soup.
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 cups (1 L) cubed Ontario Sweet Potatoes or Butternut Squash (1-inch/2.5 cm)
- 2 Ontario Apples, cubed (Empire, Spartan or McIntosh), about (2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 Ontario Red Onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) crumbled Ontario Goat Cheese (Chèvre)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) raw pumpkin seeds (optional)
Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, apples, onion and chickpeas. Drizzle with oil and toss well. Transfer to prepared sheets.
Bake in 425ºF (220ºC) oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; stir gently. Switch and rotate baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly golden.
Transfer to serving dish; toss with parsley and top with goat cheese and pumpkin seeds, if using. Serve immediately.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 10 grams
- FAT: 11 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 44 grams
- CALORIES: 306
- FIBRE: 6 grams
- SODIUM: 140 mg