If you’re looking for a savoury grab-and-go snack in the morning or after school, this muffin is chock-full of flavour and nutrition. For lunch serve with a lightly dressed spinach salad.
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Makes (muffins): 12
- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled, grated Ontario Sweet Potato (1 large)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Ontario Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Ontario Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and cayenne pepper
- 2 Ontario Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh Ontario Thyme Leaves, chopped
In large bowl, stir together sweet potato, ricotta, Parmesan and eggs. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cayenne, green onions and thyme. Add dry ingredients to sweet potato mixture and stir until combined.
Spoon batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until the top of the muffin is firm to the touch and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack for 5 minutes; remove from pan.
Enjoy warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- PROTEIN: 6 grams
- FAT: 4 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 14 grams
- CALORIES: 120
- FIBRE: 1 gram
- SODIUM: 160 mg