This refreshing salad is the perfect accompaniment to grilled beef, chicken or pork. It is tasty, quick and easy to prepare.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) seasoned rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, pressed
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) halved Ontario Greenhouse or Field Red and Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced Ontario Greenhouse Mini Cucumbers
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Red Onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped fresh Ontario Parsley Leaves
In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and garlic. Season to taste with salt and
In large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with parsley; toss and serve.
Tips: For maximum flavour and texture store tomatoes at room temperature. Use a sharp or serrated knife to cut tomatoes.
If you like, stir in 1/3 cup (75 mL) of crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 1 gram
- FAT: 3.5 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 7 grams
- CALORIES: 63
- FIBRE: 1 gram
- SODIUM: 177 mg