As well as being a tasty, tender meatloaf, this mixture does double-duty as turkey burgers.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 medium Ontario Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 2 medium Ontario Apples (such as Empire, McIntosh, Cortland), peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lb (1 kg) ground Ontario Turkey
- 1 Ontario Egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and apples; cook for about 3 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs and parsley.
In large bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, mustard, Worcestershire and salt; stir in apple mixture until well combined.
Press turkey mixture lightly into 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch (22 x 12 cm) loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 1 hour or until digital rapid-read thermometer registers 165°F (74°C).
- PROTEIN: 33 grams
- FAT: 17 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 23 grams
- CALORES: 384
- FIBRE: 2 grams