Lightly dressed and tasty, this slaw is a perfect topping for juicy grilled sausages. Serve any extra slaw on the side.
- 4 fresh Ontario Turkey Sausages
- 4 sausage buns, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) shredded Ontario Green Cabbage
- 1 Ontario Carrot, shredded
- Half small Ontario Onion, grated
- Half Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Pepper (any colour), seeded, sliced lengthwise and halved
In large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and water. Add cabbage, carrot, onion and sweet pepper; toss to combine.
Meanwhile, place sausages on greased grill over medium-low heat 325˚F (160˚C); grill turning frequently, until browned and meat thermometer registers 165˚F (74˚C), about 20 minutes. Place a sausage into each bun; top with slaw.
Tips: Use 2 sliced Ontario green onions in place of the onion.
Shred the carrot and grate the onion on the large-hole side of a box cheese grater.
- Protein: 29.0 grams
- Fat: 13.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 33.0 grams
- Calories: 361
- Fibre: 3.0 grams