Tarts are popular in Spain and can be found at tapa bars with many savoury fillings. These flavourful tarts are lovely warm or at room temperature.
Baking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1-1/4 cup (300 mL) chopped Ontario Leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Orange Pepper
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each dried oregano and salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika (approx.)
- 12 3-inch (8 cm) frozen tart shells in foil cups
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Ontario Goat Cheese (Chèvre)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Milk
- 1 Ontario Egg
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) pine nuts
- 12 Ontario Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Rosemary Leaves
In medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leek, orange pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 8 minutes. Transfer to small bowl; stir in oregano, salt, pepper and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of paprika. Refrigerate to cool.
Meanwhile, place tart shells on baking sheet; thaw 5 minutes. Divide leek mixture between each shell; crumble cheese over top. In glass measure, whisk milk and egg until combined; pour into each shell. (You may have a bit of milk mixture left over, resist the urge to over fill.) Scatter pine nuts on top; place two tomato halves, cut side up.
Bake in bottom third of 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is set. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with additional paprika and rosemary.
- PROTEIN: 4 grams
- FAT: 9 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 14 grams
- CALORIES: 153
- FIBRE: 1 grams
- SODIUM: 190 mg