Add a taste of the Greek islands to your next summer supper with this fresh tasting salad that can be made a day ahead.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each fresh lemon juice and red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt, dried oregano and basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (750 mL) Scoobi doo pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse or Field Sweet Orange Pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 2 Ontario Greenhouse or Field Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Dill
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled Ontario Feta Cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sliced Kalamata olives
In large serving bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, oregano, basil, pepper and garlic.
Add pasta, orange pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and dill; toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives; toss. Serve at room temperature.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 10 grams
- FAT: 25 grams
- CARBOHYDRATES: 38 grams
- CALORIES: 410
- FIBRE: 2 grams
- SODIUM: 560 mg