Impress your family and friends and serve this delicious bistro salad.
Baking Time: 1 hour, Grilling Time: 18 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each melted butter and vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each dried thyme leaves and Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ontario Honey
- 4 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario Sour Cream
- 4 Ontario Yellow Fleshed Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 Ontario Onion, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Ontario Beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Crimini Mushrooms
- 4 Ontario Veal Rib Chops (about 250 g each)
- 1 head Ontario Romaine Lettuce
- 2 oz (60 g) Ontario Chévre, crumbled
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
In small bowl, whisk together butter, 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the oil, vinegar, thyme, mustard, honey and garlic. Remove 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the herb mixture into another small bowl; stir in sour cream. Refrigerate.
In 9- x 13-inch (3.5 L) baking dish, toss potatoes and onion with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the herb mixture; season with salt and pepper and arrange in even layer. In small baking dish, toss beets with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the herb mixture; cover with foil. Place baking dishes, side-by-side in 425°F (220°C) oven. Bake until tender, about 50 minutes, tossing potatoes occasionally. Keep warm.
In medium bowl, toss mushrooms with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the herb mixture; thread onto metal skewers. Season chops with salt and pepper. Place skewers and chops on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, turning twice, for 12 minutes or until chops reach internal temperature of 145°F (73°C) for medium-rare. Brush chops with remaining herb mixture during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Rest for 5 minutes.
Cut lettuce into quarters, keeping base intact. Brush cut sides of lettuce with remaining oil. Turn off heat, grill lettuce over remaining heat just until grill marked, 1 to 2 minutes. Arrange lettuce, chops and skewers on large board. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve potatoes, onions and beets on the side with sour cream sauce.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- PROTEIN: 38 grams
- FAT: 27 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 30 grams
- CALORIES: 520
- FIBRE: 5 grams
- SODIUM: 790 mg