Here’s a salad for a potluck barbecue. If making ahead, chill until serving, but remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before to serve at room temperature for best flavour.
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) small Ontario White Potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 each Ontario Sweet Red and Orange Pepper
- 2 cobs Ontario Sweet Corn, cooked
- 3 Ontario Green Onions, sliced
- 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Smoked Sausage, such as kielbasa, diced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
In large saucepan, cover potatoes with cold salted water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, rinse and let cool enough to handle; cut in half or quarters, depending on size of potatoes.
Meanwhile, cut red and orange peppers into quarters, removing stems and seeds. Place on preheated barbecue grill over medium heat; grill until softened and slightly charred, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool enough to handle; chop.
Cut kernels from corn and place in large bowl. Add potatoes, peppers, green onions and sausage.
In small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; add to potato mixture and gently toss. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.
Tip: Instead of sausage, try smoked ham or a spicier cooked sausage like chorizo.
Nutrients per serving
When recipe serves 8:
- Protein: 8.0 grams
- Fat: 14.0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 27.0 grams
- Fibre: 3.5 grams
- Calories: 260