Make a complaint or compliment a conservation officer
There are 3 ways you can provide your feedback on conservation officers in Ontario: by telephone, e-mail or an online form.
Conservation officers are trained to treat the public with respect and courtesy.
They are required to conduct themselves in a way that promotes:
- respect for the law
- public confidence in their fairness and objectivity
- timely, consistent performance of their duties
On your first contact with a conservation officer, they will:
- introduce themselves and the ministry
- identify the statutory authority for the inspection, investigation or audit
- provide general information on the reason for the contact
- provide his/her contact information (on request)
- answer any questions you may have
What to include in your feedback
To improve our services we want to know how you feel about your contact with our conservation officers.
Please provide us with as many details as possible, including:
- what you want to tell us about
- date/time/location of contact
- name of the conservation officer(s) involved (if known)
- the action you would like to see
- whether you have contacted us about this before and if so, please provide details, including the name of the person you dealt with
Collection of personal information
Your personal information is collected under the authority of the Ministry of Natural Resources Act. It will be used to investigate your compliment or complaint about the on-duty conduct of a Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry conservation officer. The information provided will be disclosed to the officer who is subject of the compliment or complaint. For further information on the collection and use of your personal information, please contact:
Corporate Compliance Governance Officer
300 Water Street, Peterborough, ON K9J 8M5
Telephone : (705) 755-1753
How to provide feedback
There are 3 ways to provide your feedback:
Ministry of Natural Resources
1-855-497-7445 (toll-free within Ontario)
Send a compliment or complaint to email@example.com.
If you want a response, we will confirm receipt of your message by phone or e-mail and get back to you within 15 working days.
Fill out and submit the form: