O. Reg. 172/03: DEFINITIONS OF 'DEFICIENCY' AND 'MUNICIPAL DRINKING WATER SYSTEM'Skip to content
Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002
ONTARIO REGULATION 172/03
DEFINITIONS OF “DEFICIENCY” AND “MUNICIPAL DRINKING WATER SYSTEM”
Consolidation Period: From December 1, 2008 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 329/08.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. A violation of any of the following provisions is prescribed as a deficiency for the purposes of the Act, including the definition of “deficiency” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act, if, in the opinion of the Director, the violation poses a drinking water health hazard:
1. Subsection 18 (1) of the Act.
2. Schedules 1, 2 and 6 to 18 to Ontario Regulation 170/03 (Drinking Water Systems).
3. Revoked: O. Reg. 329/08, s. 1.
4. Section 22 of Ontario Regulation 128/04 (Certification of Drinking Water System Operators and Water Quality Analysts). O. Reg. 172/03, s. 1; O. Reg. 257/05, s. 1; O. Reg. 329/08, s. 1.
“Municipal Drinking Water System”
2. The following class is prescribed for the purposes of clause (d) of the definition of “municipal drinking water system” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act:
1. A drinking water system or part of a drinking water system that serves a major residential development and is established after this Regulation comes into force under an agreement with a municipality pursuant to Part VI of the Planning Act, if the agreement provides that ownership of the system may be transferred to the municipality, a municipal service board established under section 195 of the Municipal Act, 2001 or a corporation established under section 203 of the Municipal Act, 2001. O. Reg. 172/03, s. 2.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of the English version of this Regulation). O. Reg. 172/03, s. 3.