Order in Council 1714/2017
On the recommendation of the undersigned, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, by and with the advice and concurrence of the Executive Council of Ontario, orders that:
Whereas, pursuant to Order in Council numbered O.C. 1706/2017, Phil Verster was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Metrolinx effective the date Phil Verster swears or affirms the oaths required under the Public Service of Ontario Act, 2006 and informs the Minister of Transportation in writing that he has assumed the duties of Chief Executive Officer.
Therefore, pursuant to section 14(5) of the Metrolinx Act, 2006, S.O. 2006, c.16, Phil Verster is hereby entitled to the following during the term of his appointment:
- A base salary of $479,500.00 per annum, less applicable deductions, which is an amount considered to be within the salary range applicable to the position.
- Eligibility for base pay adjustments and participation in any annual Pay for Performance Program approved by the Metrolinx Board in accordance with the approved Metrolinx Compensation Framework adopted pursuant to the Broader Public Sector Executive Compensation Act, 2014 and subject to any statutory requirements or limitations.
- Entitlement to a Vehicle Allowance in the gross amount of $1,000 per month, in accordance with the approved Metrolinx Compensation Framework adopted pursuant to the Broader Public Sector Executive Compensation Act, 2014, less all statutory deductions.
- Eligibility for participation in all applicable benefits programs that Metrolinx provides to its permanent staff, including the pension plan, and including any additions or changes to those programs made during the term of the appointment.
- Reimbursement for necessary expenses incurred in assuming and performing the duties of Chief Executive Officer, in accordance with all applicable Treasury Board and Management Board of Cabinet directives, guidelines and policies.
- In the event of early termination for any reason other than for cause, entitlement to a severance payment approved in accordance with the Metrolinx Compensation Framework adopted pursuant to the Broader Public Sector Executive Compensation Act, 2014.
Further, except as specified in this Order, Phil Verster is not entitled to or eligible for any other payments whatsoever (p. ex., bonuses, merit increases, salary adjustments, incentive payments, severance or termination payments) from Metrolinx in respect of his appointment as Chief Executive Officer.
And Further, this Order comes into effect on the Approved and Ordered date below.
Approved and Ordered: August 17, 2017
Revoked by: Order in Council 1350/2020