Order in Council 193/2022
On the recommendation of the undersigned, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, by and with the advice and concurrence of the Executive Council of Ontario, orders that:
Pursuant to the prerogative of Her Majesty The Queen in Right of Ontario to appoint persons to serve Her Majesty’s Government of Ontario in the discharge of its executive obligations and responsibilities,
- The Portable Benefits Advisory Committee (“Committee”) is established as a short-term advisory body for a term not exceeding 18 months, effective the date this Order in Council is made.
- The Committee shall consist of up to five members appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council to serve at pleasure for terms not exceeding 18 months, and the Lieutenant Governor in Council shall designate one member as Chair.
- The Committee will advise the Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development on the viability, design and implementation of a portable benefits strategy in Ontario.
- The members of the Committee shall be accountable to the Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development and shall perform the duties and carry out the activities set out in the Terms of Reference established by the Minister. The Terms of Reference may be amended from time to time by the Minister.
- The members of the Committee shall be paid such remuneration as the Lieutenant Governor in Council may determine.
Approved and Ordered: February 3, 2022
Amended by: Order in Council 499/2022