Analyst: economic analysis software
Find out if you qualify for an account so you can get industry and job trends for your region.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Analyst is an online tool that pools data from a range of sources to provide information on regional economies and workforces. It helps you better understand your region so you can make informed decisions.
Analyst helps you:
- find out what industries set your region apart or make it more competitive
- track the flow of money within a geographical area
- see trends like hiring patterns or sales increases in a particular industry
- find labour force and wage comparisons
- benchmark your community against other regions
- predict the effects of changes in a regional economy
How to get an account
You can request an Analyst account if you work for an organization like the following:
- local and regional government economic development office
- economic development corporation
- workforce planning board
- chamber of commerce
- business improvement area organization
Here are the steps to get your 30-day Analyst account:
- Fill out our online request form.
- We’ll send you a terms and conditions agreement.
- You must return the agreement at least five business days before the end of the month.
- We’ll then email you login credentials by the beginning of the following month.
Analyst combines multiple national data sources and allows you to:
- view data
- create graphs and charts
- export information to PDF, Excel or CSV
- generate reports
The information in Analyst comes from the following sources:
- Canadian Business Patterns (CBP)
- Census Data
- National Household Survey (NHS)
- Survey of Employment, Payroll and Hours (SEPH)
- Labour Force Surveys (LFS)
- Canadian Occupational Projection System (COPS)
- CANSIM demographics
- Postsecondary Student Information System Education Data (PSIS)
- National Symmetric Input-Output Table
Regional economic development advisors
- work with you to help you use the data according to your needs
- help you understand the information you receive
- pull information from Analyst on your behalf
Online training support is available on the Analyst website.
Regional economic analysis training is also available where we teach you how:
- Analyst works
- to use data to understand your regional economy
- plan for future economic growth
To ask for training, fill out our request form.