Ontario Automotive Modernization Program
As an auto parts supplier, learn how you can receive support when you introduce new technology or lean manufacturing to your business.
On this page Skip this page navigation
The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP) is a partnership with small- and medium-sized automotive parts suppliers in Ontario.
The goal is to help modernize Ontario’s automotive supply chain and make it more competitive.
Your business could get up to $100,000 to help cover up to 50% of eligible project costs.
As a successful applicant, you are required to contribute at least 50% of remaining project costs through:
- your own business resources
- private or bank financing
To be eligible for O-AMP, you must be a small- or medium-sized Ontario-based business in the automotive supply chain.
Specifically, you must meet these requirements:
- be a for-profit business (with a business number)
- less than 500 employees in Ontario
- less than $1 billion in global revenues
- have at least two years of financial statements
- at least 50% of the company’s total sales revenue comes from the auto supply sector
O-AMP provides support to projects that fall under one or both of the following categories:
- technology adoption – for example, using advanced manufacturing hardware, software and/or training to improve processes and competitiveness. This might include using logistical systems and investing in production hardware or software that digitize production tracking
- lean manufacturing – for example, improving operational efficiency and competitiveness by using lean manufacturing techniques and hiring the services of a mentor/consultant to help with lean implementation
Projects must also:
- be achievable – for example, applicants need to have the necessary financing, project management structure and experience to implement the project
- align with O-AMP’s goals – for example, job creation, revenue increases, cost savings, contributions to regional or automotive sector development
See the O-AMP program guide for details.
How to apply
Before you apply, you may wish to contact the Automotive Parts Manufacturers’ Association at email@example.com for help to develop and strengthen your application.
You may also seek assistance from the Ministry’s Senior Business Advisors to develop and strengthen your application. Contact information can be found below:
Business Advisory Services - Western Region Main Office
Business Advisory Services - Central Region Main Office
Business Advisory Services – Eastern Region Main Office
Once ready to apply, follow these steps:
- Read the O-AMP Applicant Guide
- To participate in O-AMP, you must first register with Transfer Payment Ontario (TPON) to create your ONe-key account and ID.
- Gather the required documents:
- a copy of your Articles of Incorporation
- financial statements for the last two fiscal years, audited if available
- quotes from contractors/vendors for budget items
- letter of attestation from the CEO or CFO indicating that the company has the financial resources in place to complete the project
- project team member resumes
- Submit your application with the required documents on the through Transfer Payment Ontario TPON)
The application period for fall 2020 is now closed. Information about future application rounds will be announced in fall 2021.
Submit all program application documents in PDF format.
Working with an external firm
Applications may only be submitted by the company that would directly be receiving support.
You may use a consultant or an external firm to prepare your application; however, it will have no effect on whether you are successful. Note: money spent on a consultant or firm to help you prepare an application is not eligible to be covered by the program.
After you apply
We will assess and make a decision regarding your application within 60 business days of the application deadline.
If your project has been approved
You will be required to enter into a funding agreement with the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade.
You will also be required to meet certain conditions, including:
- evidence of project financing
If your project has not been approved
You may apply again during the next intake round.
Applications are evaluated on their overall merits and reviewed against targeted results within the scope of O-AMP's objectives.
The review committee may request presentations and site visits from an applicant to help review your project proposal.
Note: O-AMP is a discretionary, non-entitlement program with limited funding. Even if your application meets all program objectives and eligibility criteria, you may not receive approval based on the number and strength of other applications.
For general inquiries and questions, please contact the O-AMP team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations are available to applicants who are experiencing delays related to COVID-19. Please contact us for additional information.