On this page Skip this page navigation
We are creating a Youth Environment Council to provide young Ontarians with an opportunity to share your insights and ideas on climate change and other environmental issues that will impact your future.
Ontarians in Grades 9 to 12 were encouraged to apply to become volunteer members.
The applications process is now closed.
About the Ontario Youth Environment Council
Young Ontarians are helping to find solutions to some of the most pressing environmental challenges. The Ontario Youth Environment Council will work with the government of Ontario as we look for ways to:
- strengthen our understanding of youth climate concerns from a regional perspective
- ensure that youth voices are informing our environmental and climate change solutions, programs and policy
- build new connections and relationships between youth who are engaged in the environment and climate change issues and solutions
- provide youth with learning opportunities on environmental and climate issues, solutions, and policies in Ontario through presentations and discussions with stakeholder experts, ministry staff and with each other
The Ontario Youth Environment Council will:
- hear presentations from environmental guest speakers including stakeholder and ministry experts
- discuss a range of environmental and climate change issues
- provide feedback on potential solutions to ministry officials, including to the Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
The group will include volunteer members representing all regions of Ontario, including Indigenous members.
Members may be eligible to be reimbursed for reasonable work-related expenses in accordance with the government’s Travel, Meal and Hospitality Expenses Directive.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
After you apply
Staff from the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks are evaluating all applications based on your:
- knowledge of climate change and environment issues and solutions
- perspectives on climate and environmental issues
- work experience, volunteer participation or other activities related to climate change and the environment
We may contact you for more information. We may also contact the references you provide.