OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program
Get help paying for school when you qualify for OSAP.
- 2021-22 online OSAP application open for full-time and part-time students and micro-credentials programs.
- 2020–21 OSAP applications open for full-time and part-time students and micro-credential programs.
- Learn more about micro-credentials.
- Log-in to your OSAP account for a list of approved micro-credentials or open list in a new browser window.
- OSAP information module for full-time students making their first application.
- The temporary payment and interest deferrals for OSAP borrowers, March 30 to September 30, 2020 has now ended. Learn more about repaying your loans.
How to qualify.
How and when to apply.
How to get the money and more.
When, how and what help’s available.
- Indigenous students
- Extended Society Care (current and former Crown wards)
- Students with disabilities
- Students who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Students on social assistance
Questions about OSAP
Find contacts for:
National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) about your loan or to update your banking details.
You’ll need to complete an interactive information module before you start your application if you’re a:
- full-time student making your first OSAP application for the 2020-21 or 2021-22 school year
- student pursuing a micro-credential program making your first OSAP application for the 2021-22 school year
If you reapply to OSAP for the 2020-21 or 2021-22 school year, you will not need to complete this module again.
The module will help you understand:
- how OSAP and/or OSAP for Micro-credentials work
- your roles and responsibilities if you become an OSAP or OSAP for Micro-credentials recipient
- basic financial information to support you through your postsecondary education (for example, creating a budget, understanding credit and debt)
How the module works
The interactive module contains short, self-study sections with information you must read before you start your OSAP or OSAP for Micro-credentials application. At the end of each section, you will be asked to answer a question about what you’ve just read.
Correct answers let you move to the next section of the module. When you’ve finished the information module, your OSAP or OSAP for Micro-credentials application will open.
You can log in and out of the module at any time, and your progress will be saved.
If you choose to complete the module in one sitting, it will take you approximately 15 minutes.
Only full-time students making their first OSAP application for the 2020-21 or 2021-22 school year need to complete this module. If you choose to reapply to OSAP for the 2020-21 or 2021-22 school year, you will not need to complete this module again.