Uncertified vehicle records
A vehicle record (also called an abstract) is a document containing information about a registered owner and a specific vehicle Ontario
To order an uncertified vehicle record you will need:
- Your Ontario driver's licence number or registrant identification number (RIN) or your name and address
Depending on the type of record you may also need:
- Vehicle identification number and search date
- Licence plate number and search date
Recommended for you
Ordering a vehicle record: $12
VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Interac® Online
Online completion time
Average 15 minutes.
Make sure you have the following before you order:
- Adobe Reader to open and read the driver’s record.
- A printer to print your receipt and the driver’s record.
After you complete the order you will receive an online copy of the driver record to print or save. A paper copy will not be mailed to you. If you order a driver record but it is not on file you will still be charged the search fee.
What you need to know
A vehicle record (also called an abstract) is a document containing information about a registered owner and a specific vehicle Ontario. It contains:
- Vehicle description
- Plate number of current and all other plates previously attached to the specified vehicle
- Names of all current and previous registered owners
- Driver's licence and/or registrant identification number of all current and previous registered owners
- Date(s) the vehicle was registered to each registrant
- Vehicle status
The records do not contain information about odometer readings, collision information or personal address information.
Types of vehicle records available
- Vehicle History Abstracts
- Vehicle registration number Search by Date Abstracts
- Plate History Abstracts
- Plate Search - Most Recent Owner Abstracts
- Plate Search by Date