How do I change my name on my health card?

To change your name on your health card, visit a ServiceOntario centre. You must bring a completed Change of Information form (form 0280-82) and present the original copy of one of the following documents:

  • a marriage certificate
  • certified statement of marriage
  • change of name certificate
  • a record of marriage form (must be the original issued and signed by the clergy member, judge or justice of the peace who performed the marriage and it must contain the name of both spouses, the date of the marriage and licence number)
  • final divorce certificate
  • birth certificate
  • change of name certificate
  • citizenship/immigration status document in the name requested
  • citizenship/immigration status document for the name currently on your health card and a marriage document audit trail backward to the name requested
  • certified copy of the court order for a change in name
  • change of name certificate
  • adoption court order

If you still currently hold a red and white health card, you must also provide three original documents (Ontario Health Coverage Document List (form 9998E-82)) to prove citizenship, Ontario residency and identity.

Updated: February 28, 2014