ServiceOntario virtual appointments
Renew your health card through a virtual appointment with a ServiceOntario agent.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Start your virtual appointment
ServiceOntario is now offering a pilot service to renew your health card through a virtual appointment with a customer service representative. Learn more about booking a virtual appointment.
On the day of your virtual appointment, make sure you have:
- your current health card
- proof of residency in Ontario such as a property tax bill or phone bill
- find a full list of acceptable residency documents
- proof of identity showing your full name and signature, such as a driver’s licence or Ontario Photo Card
- find a full list of acceptable identity documents
- your camera and microphone on your computer, tablet, or smart phone in working order:
- you will be asked to share your video and audio during your appointment
- you will need to show your documents during your appointment
- you may have trouble connecting if you have turned on a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- for the best virtual appointment experience, check our technical requirements for web browsers
Note: The button to start your appointment will only appear after you have clicked the unique link in your email.
You will only be able to access the virtual appointment 5 minutes before the start of your appointment, but not earlier.
You can access your appointment link up to 30 minutes after your scheduled start time, but not after.
Reschedule your appointment
If you need to reschedule your appointment, call ServiceOntario at:
About virtual appointments
A virtual appointment is a video call with a ServiceOntario customer service representative to help you renew your health card from home, without visiting in-person at a ServiceOntario centre.
This virtual appointment pilot service is currently available if your health card is not expired yet and you:
- have a permanent photo and signature exemption, or
- are 18 years of age or older and have a valid photo health card that does not require a new photo and signature
Further requirements may apply. Call ServiceOntario to learn about how you can renew your health card.
Book your appointment
To book a virtual health card appointment, or to find out if you have a permanent photo and signature exemption, call ServiceOntario at:
A ServiceOntario customer service representative will assist you by:
- Confirming your health card can be renewed through a virtual appointment.
- Booking a date and time for your appointment.
- Sending you an email confirmation with your:
- appointment date and time
- a unique link to click and start your virtual appointment
Collection of information
At ServiceOntario, we respect your right to privacy and value the trust you place in us. Read our privacy statement.
Collection of personal health information is for assessment and verification of a customer’s eligibility for Ontario health insurance coverage, or related programs, health planning and research, and the administration of the Health Insurance Act and the Ontario Drug Benefit Act. The information may be used and disclosed in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004, and as set out by the Ministry of Health Statement of Information Practices.
If you need more information, please call us Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST at:
You can also contact us by email.