All the flavours of carrot cake in a bowl for breakfast! Choose your favourite toppings or stick to the traditional walnuts, pumpkin seeds and finely chopped apples. Freeze Greek yogurt in an ice cube tray to make it cold and slushy.
- 1 Ontario Apple, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped Ontario Carrot
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plain Greek yogurt (frozen optional)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) large flake oats
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- Diced Ontario Apple
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chopped walnuts
- Ontario Honey
In blender, combine apple, carrot, yogurt, milk, 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the oats, maple syrup, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the cinnamon and nutmeg; blend on high for 1 minute or until desired consistency.
Pour into deep cereal bowl. Top with remaining oats and cinnamon. Sprinkle with diced apple, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and granola. Drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
1 Serving (with 2 tsp/10 mL of each topping):
- PROTEIN: 12 grams
- FAT: 9 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 63 grams
- CALORIES: 375
- FIBRE: 6 grams
- SODIUM: 85 mg