Try this stunning summer salad with a mixture of hydroponic greens - watercress, Boston, arugula, spinach, nasturtium. From Ontario's orchards, add slivers of peaches, plums or nectarines, then a sprinkling of fresh herbs for a truly tasty creation.
- 12 cups (3 L) assorted greens (Ontario Spinach, Boston, Leaf, Arugula, Oak, Romaine)
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced peeled blanced Ontario Peaches (some may be nectarines or plums)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sprigs of fresh herbs (thyme, tarragon, basil, marjoram)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
Tear greens into bite-size pieces. In large mixing bowl, combine greens, peaches, plums or nectarines and herbs. (May be assembled without fruit the night before; add fruit just before tossing with dressing.
In food processor and using steel blade, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, salt, sugar and pepper. Pour into jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Toss salad, with dressing. Spoon onto serving platter and serve at once.
- Protein: 3.0 grams
- Fat: 12.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11.0 grams
- Calories: 164