Prepare this sophisticated yet delicious fruit salad with your favourite Ontario fruits. Sprinkle with easy skillet granola.
Chilling Time: 2 hours
Serves: 4 to 8
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) large flake oats
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ontario Honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VQA Ontario Rosé Wine
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Honey (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups (1 L) whole, sliced or halved seasonal Ontario Fruits, such as Apricots, Blueberries, Coronation Grapes, Nectarines, Peaches, Plums and Raspberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% Ontario Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
In small nonstick skillet, combine oats, walnuts, honey, oil, vanilla and cinnamon; cook, over medium heat, stirring often until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in pumpkin seeds; transfer to small bowl to cool.
Salad: In large bowl, whisk wine, honey and orange juice to combine. Add fruit; gently toss. Cover; refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
In large bowl, using electric mixer, on high speed, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add icing sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks.
To serve, spoon granola, fruit and wine mixture into bowls. Top with whipped cream.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 8)
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrate: 18 grams
- Calories: 200
- Fibre: 3 grams
- Sodium: 15 mg