For your next barbecue or “asado” as it’s known in South America, serve these tender herb rubbed steaks and refreshing summer salsa with a side of grilled potatoes.
Grilling Time: about 8 minutes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, pressed
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) diced Ontario Nectarines or Peaches
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) grilled Ontario Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced Ontario Sweet Red Pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) diced Ontario Red Onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Parsley
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 25 mL) finely diced Ontario Jalapeño Pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each brown sugar, chili powder and dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each coarse salt and pepper
- 2 Ontario Strip Loin Grilling Steaks (each about 8 oz//250 g), about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
Salsa: In medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic. Add nectarines, corn, red pepper, onion, parsley and jalapeño to taste; toss to coat. Set aside.
Steaks: In small bowl, stir together oil, garlic, parsley, brown sugar, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Rub mixture on both sides of the steak. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, turning once, until medium-rare, about 8 minutes or until desired doneness. Transfer to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain. Serve with salsa.
Lightly brush husked cobs with vegetable oil and grill covered over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes or until tender.
1 Serving (When recipe serves 6):
- Calories: 223
- Protein: 19 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrate: 15 grams
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 350 mg