Planking adds a smoky flavour to anything you grill. Just remember to soak the cedar plank for at least 2 hours.
Soaking Time: 2 hours ; Grilling Time: 8 minutes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each ground cinnamon and ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) anise seeds (optional)
- Pinch ground cloves
- 5 Ontario Peaches or Nectarines
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipped cream
- 4 tsp (20 mL) caramel sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Blueberries
Soak 1 large cedar plank in water for at least 2 hours. When ready to grill, heat barbecue to medium-high.
In small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, ginger, anise seeds (if using) and cloves. Leaving peel on, cut peaches in half, discarding pits. Lightly brush cut side with butter. Dip peaches butter side down in sugar mixture to lightly coat.
Remove plank from water and place on grill, turning over once or twice for 1 to 2 minutes to heat.
Place peaches cut side up on plank. Reduce heat to medium-low and watching carefully, grill until peaches are just tender, about 8 minutes. Remove peaches to cutting board.
Using sundae dishes or shallow dessert bowls, place 2 peach halves in each dish, cut side up. Top with ice cream, whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and blueberries. Cut remaining 2 peach halves into quarters. Garnish each sundae with two peach slices. Serve immediately.
- PROTEIN: 4 grams
- FAT: 16 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 44 grams
- CALORIES: 327
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 95 mg