O. Reg. 300/02: FUNDING FOR THERAPY AND COUNSELLINGSkip to content
|current||October 31, 2002 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Dietetics Act, 1991
Loi de 1991 sur les diététistes
ONTARIO REGULATION 300/02
FUNDING FOR THERAPY AND COUNSELLING
Consolidation Period: From October 31, 2002 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Regulation,
“member” includes a former member. O. Reg. 300/02, s. 1.
Eligibility for funding
2. (1) The alternative requirements that must be satisfied in order for a person to be eligible for funding under clause 85.7 (4) (b) of the Health Professions Procedural Code are prescribed in this section. O. Reg. 300/02, s. 2 (1).
(2) A person is eligible for funding for therapy or counselling if,
(a) a member has been convicted under the Criminal Code (Canada) of sexually assaulting the person while the person was a patient of the member; or
(b) there is a statement, contained in the written reasons of a panel of the Discipline Committee of the College given after a hearing, which satisfies the Patient Relations Committee that the person, while a patient, was sexually abused by the member. O. Reg. 300/02, s. 2 (2).
(3) A person is not eligible for funding under subsection (2) unless the sexual assault or abuse referred to in clause (2) (a) or (b) occurred in Ontario on or after December 31, 1993. O. Reg. 300/02, s. 2 (3).
(4) Despite subsection (2), a person is eligible for funding for therapy or counselling under this Regulation only if,
(a) the person submits an application for funding to the Patient Relations Committee in the form provided by the College; and
(b) in the application, the person names the member who is alleged to have sexually abused the applicant. O. Reg. 300/02, s. 2 (4).
(5) A decision by the Patient Relations Committee that a person is eligible for funding for therapy or counselling does not constitute a finding against the member and shall not be considered by any other committee of the College dealing with the member. O. Reg. 300/02, s. 2 (5).