Supply Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 36 - Bill 229Skip to content
An Act to authorize the payment of certain amounts for the public service for the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2003
Assented to December 13, 2002
Messages from the Honourable the Lieutenant Governor of the Province of Ontario, accompanied by estimates and supplementary estimates, indicate that the amounts mentioned in the Schedule are required to pay expenses of the public service of Ontario that are not otherwise provided for, for the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2003.
Therefore, Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. (1) For the period from April 1, 2002 to March 31, 2003, amounts not exceeding a total of $39,638,635,900 may be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund to be applied to the operating and capital expenses of the public service, as set out in the Schedule, that are not otherwise provided for.
Votes and items
(2) The money shall be applied in accordance with the votes and items of the estimates and the supplementary estimates.
(3) An operating or capital expenditure in the votes and items of the estimates may be made by the Crown through any ministry to which, during the fiscal year ended March 31, 2003, responsibility has been given for the program or activity that includes that expenditure.
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
3. The short title of this Act is the Supply Act, 2002.