Order in Council 189/2022
On the recommendation of the undersigned, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, by and with the advice and concurrence of the Executive Council of Ontario, orders that:
Whereas Jeffery Lang has been appointed as president of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (“WSIB”) by Order in Council O.C. 144/2022;
Therefore, pursuant to subsection 162(3) of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997, Jeffery Lang is hereby entitled to the following as remuneration and benefits in respect of this appointment:
- Salary at the rate of $440,000 per annum less applicable deductions;
- Reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of duties as the president of the WSIB in accordance with all applicable Treasury Board and Management Board of Cabinet directives, guidelines and policies;
- Eligibility for pension benefits under the WSIB’s pension plan and its supplementary pension plan subject to and in accordance with the terms of those plans;
- Eligibility for any employee benefits provided by the WSIB in accordance with the terms of the WSIB’s employee benefit plans for its senior management staff;
- Up to six weeks paid vacation per year, plus an additional week of paid vacation under the WSIB Management Compensation Option;
- In the event that Jeffery Lang’s appointment as president of the WSIB is revoked prior to its expiration for any reason other than for cause or as a result of Jeffery Lang’s voluntary resignation as president of the WSIB, and provided that Jeffery Lang is not otherwise employed by the Crown or appointed to another position by the Crown, Jeffery Lang shall be entitled to receive a payment equal to one year of annual salary (i.e. $440,000), less applicable deductions, which payment shall be made by way of lump sum payment.
And further, except as specified in this Order in Council, Jeffery Lang is not entitled to any other payments, entitlements or benefits whatsoever from the WSIB relating to his appointment as president of the WSIB.
Approved and Ordered: February 3, 2022