Order in Council 219/2021
On the recommendation of the undersigned, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, by and with the advice and concurrence of the Executive Council of Ontario, orders that:
Whereas the Government of Ontario is committed to developing the Ontario Place site into a world class, year-round destination that would attract local, provincial and international visitors;
And whereas the Government of Ontario considers it advisable to establish the position of Special Advisor on Ontario Place Development to support the Government throughout the development process;
Therefore, pursuant to the prerogative of Her Majesty the Queen in right of Ontario to provide for the appointment of advisors to serve Her Majesty’s Government of Ontario in the discharge of its executive obligations and responsibilities:
Special Advisor Established
- The position of Special Advisor on Ontario Place Development (the “Special Advisor”), accountable to the Premier and the Minister of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries (the “Minister”) is hereby established for a period not exceeding three (3) years from the date of this Order in Council.
- The Special Advisor will serve at the pleasure of the Lieutenant Governor in Council and provide advice to the Premier and the Minister.
- The Lieutenant Governor in Council may appoint the Special Advisor and this person shall serve at the pleasure of the Lieutenant Governor in Council for a period not exceeding three (3) years from the date of this Order in Council.
Terms of Reference
- The Minister, in consultation with the Premier, shall determine the terms of reference for the Special Advisor and may amend them from time to time.
Remuneration and Expenses
- The Special Advisor shall be paid such remuneration and shall be reimbursed for such expenses as the Lieutenant Governor in Council may determine.
Compliance with Laws and Directives
- The Special Advisor shall be subject to the applicable laws of Ontario, the Management Board of Cabinet’s Agencies and Appointments Directive, 2019 and any successor thereto, and to all other applicable government directives, policies and guidelines.
Approved and Ordered: February 25, 2021