Order in Council 698/2022
On the recommendation of the undersigned, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, by and with the advice and concurrence of the Executive Council of Ontario, orders that:
Whereas the Government of Ontario is committed to ensuring a reliable, affordable and sustainable supply of energy for Ontarians;
And whereas the Government of Ontario is reviewing its current long-term energy planning process to increase the effectiveness, transparency, predictability, and accountability of energy decision-making in Ontario in order to enable better use of resources and increase benefits to customers;
And whereas the Government of Ontario understands that the successful transition to a clean energy economy and increased electrification will bring with it wide-ranging consequences that require careful consideration and coordination;
And whereas the Government of Ontario accordingly wishes to establish an expert panel to provide advice to the Minister of Energy on various issues related to integrated long-term energy planning in Ontario;
Therefore, pursuant to subparagraph 12(1)(a) of the Ministry of Energy Act, 2011, the Electrification and Energy Transition Panel (the “Panel”) is hereby established as a short-term advisory body as follows,
Panel established for up to one year
- The Panel is hereby established as a short-term advisory body, accountable to the Minister, for a period of up to one (1) year commencing on the later of the date of this Order and April 1, 2022.
Terms of reference
- The Minister shall determine the terms of reference for the Panel, and may amend them from time to time.
Appointments to the Panel
- The Panel shall be comprised of up to three (3) members to be appointed by the Minister, and the Minister shall designate one (1) member as Chair.
- The members of the Panel, including the Chair, shall serve at the Minister’s pleasure for a period of up to one (1) year commencing on the later of the date of this Order and April 1, 2022.
- The members of the Panel, including the Chair, shall be paid such remuneration and expenses as the Lieutenant Governor in Council may determine.
Approved and Ordered: March 24, 2022
Amended by: Order in Council 1860/2022