Agencies, boards and commissions
Ontario has over 170 provincial agencies and over 360 community organizations and boards.
On this page Skip this page navigation
A provincial agency is:
- a government organization that is not part of a ministry
- responsible and authorized to perform a public function or service
- accountable to the minister
- where the majority of board members are appointed
In addition to provincial agencies, we make appointments to many boards, commissions and other organizations.
Each agency can be categorized by one or more sectors depending on its mandate.
- social services
- environment and resources
- culture and community
- municipal affairs
- economy and growth
- community safety
- consumer services and protection
- labour and remuneration
- public works and infrastructure