This consultation is now closed.
From December 7, 2018 to February 8, 2019, we invited you to share your ideas for the 2019 Ontario Budget.
On this page Skip this page navigation
About the consultations
We are listening to the people of Ontario as we prepare the 2019 Ontario Budget.
The fiscal burden inherited from the previous government is significant. This will require all of us to look at ways to work smarter, spend smarter and reinvent the way we deliver government services. We asked for ideas that could:
- cut red tape for businesses and people who access government services
- improve the way we deliver government programs or services
- save taxpayers’ money
We also wanted to hear your ideas on the best ways to fulfill the government’s five core commitments to:
- put more money in people’s pockets
- clean up the hydro mess by lowering hydro bills
- make Ontario open for business by creating and protecting jobs
- restore accountability and trust to end the culture of waste and mismanagement in government
- cut hospital wait times and end hallway healthcare
Your privacy matters
Please note that this is a public consultation. All submissions received are subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be considered public. The submissions may be used by the Ministry of Finance for consideration as part of the 2019 Ontario Budget. This may involve disclosing some or all comments or materials, or summaries of them, to other interested parties during and after the consultation.
If for any reason you feel your submissions should not be shared with other parties, please indicate this in your submission. If you have any questions about this consultation or how any element of your submission may be used or disclosed, please call the Ministry of Finance at 1-866-989-9002 or by email at email@example.com.