City of Guelph: Bus Wash Rainwater Harvesting
Information on a stormwater project through the Showcasing Water Innovation program.
Install an integrated rainwater-harvesting and rinse-water-reclamation system to reduce water consumption and wash chemical requirements at the Guelph Transit facility.
The project strives to provide an innovative technological water-conservation solution for transit utilities of small/medium sized municipalities.
- better water conservation
- reduced stormwater discharges
- groundwater-supply preservation
- Guelph Tribune: City lands $2 million for water innovations
- Guelph Mercury: Water conservation projects receive $2 million in funding
A dirty bus enters the Guelph Transit bus-wash facility
A bus goes through the Guelph Transit bus-wash facility
A clean bus emerges from the Guelph Transit bus-wash facility
Water Conservation Project Manager
519-822-1260 ext. 2106