Engineering Development Program
The Engineering Development Program helps recent engineering graduates gain work experience at the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks in order to receive their professional engineer (P.Eng.) licence.
On this page Skip this page navigation
The Engineering Development Program is designed to attract, recruit and retain a diverse pool of future engineers to the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
This 4 year program provides non-licensed recent graduates with the work experience required to obtain their professional engineer (P.Eng.) licence.
What the program offers
The program offers practical, multidisciplinary learning experiences through rotational assignments across the ministry. Participants will receive:
- competitive salary and benefits
- challenging rotational assignments across the ministry
- on-the-job training and relevant work experience to obtain your P.Eng. licence
- active coaching and mentorship from senior engineers
- exposure to professionals from many fields
- meaningful opportunities to help to protect the environment and make a difference in Ontario
Who is eligible
You are eligible to apply for the Engineering Development Program if you:
- graduated from a 4 year bachelor’s degree in:
- civil engineering
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- mechanical engineering
- graduated within the last 2 years
- do not already possess your P.Eng. licence
- are eligible to work in Ontario
The majority of placements are expected to be in the Greater Toronto Area. Opportunities may also be available in other regions.
How to apply
Visit the Ontario Public Service careers site to apply.