Paid internships with government
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is in an exciting period of renewal and modernization. We want the best-qualified and most motivated job seekers in the marketplace now and in the years ahead.
- A 1-year paid internship program with the Ontario Public Service
- Gain valuable work experience in the public sector
- Make professional contacts
- Applications usually available in January
Eligibility: Full-time post-secondary students who recently (within five years) graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution, and are eligible to work in Canada.
- A 40-week paid placement with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry in select fields (e.g., biology, park planning, enforcement, forestry)
- Get career development training and coaching
- For full-time or recently graduated university and college students
- New internship opportunities posted throughout the year
Eligibility: Engineering technicians, or individuals who have obtained similar experience through working in related disciplines. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada eligible to work in Ontario.
- Get a full-time, permanent job with the Ministry of Transportation
- Get 3 years of rotating assignments and work experience
Eligibility: Those who have graduated within the last two years from a four-year University degree in civil or geotechnical engineering and who wish to obtain their Professional Engineers of Ontario License from PEO. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada eligible to work in Ontario.
- For recent civil and geotechnical engineering graduates
- Help design and build Ontario’s roads and bridges
- Get qualifying experience for an engineering licence and more senior work in the public service