Paid internships with government
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is in an exciting period of renewal and modernization. We want the best-qualified and most motivated job seekers in the marketplace now and in the years ahead.
- a one-year paid internship program with the Ontario Public Service
- gain valuable work experience in the public sector
- make professional contacts
- applications usually available in January
- up to 1-year internships for people who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, Inuit) and are post-secondary graduates within the past 5 years
- opportunities for personal growth, a competitive salary, mentorship, learning and development, and work-life balance
- internship positions are posted on OPS Careers by participating ministries between February and July
Eligibility: You are eligible for this program if you are a recent graduate (within four years) of a recognized post-secondary institution, and are eligible to work in Canada.
- a 12-month paid placement with the ministry in select fields (such as policy specialists, Indigenous liaison and Indigenous relations, biologists, communications, financial management or human resources)
- get career development training and coaching
- new internship opportunities posted on OPS Careers in the Spring
Eligibility: Engineering technicians, or individuals who have obtained similar experience through working in related disciplines. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada eligible to work in Ontario.
- get a full-time, permanent job with the Ministry of Transportation
- get 3 years of rotating assignments and work experience
Eligibility: Those who have graduated within the last two years from a four-year University degree in civil or geotechnical engineering and who wish to obtain their Professional Engineers of Ontario License from PEO. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada eligible to work in Ontario.
- for recent civil and geotechnical engineering graduates
- help design and build Ontario’s roads and bridges
- get qualifying experience for an engineering licence and more senior work in the public service