Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)

The OINP nominates foreign workers, entrepreneurs and international students to the Government of Canada for permanent residence in Ontario.

About the OINP

Ontario's economic immigration program works in partnership with the Canadian government's immigration pathways.

Processing times and nominations

Up-to-date information on application processing times and number of nominations that have been issued.

Employers seeking foreign talent

If you are interested in recruiting foreign talent, dedicated staff are available to give you information about the many immigration pathways available. We are also a referral partner to the federal Global Skills Strategy.

Communities in Ontario

Many communities have their own immigration websites where you can learn about their unique lifestyles and opportunities.

Please contact the communities you're interested in to ensure you have the most current information.

If you're a community in Ontario and your immigration website isn't listed, please contact ontarionominee@ontario.ca.

Francophone resources

With more than 400 years of Francophone history, Ontario has the largest French-speaking population in Canada outside of Quebec.

French-speaking immigrants come from around the world and many choose to settle in established Francophone communities.

Francophone immigration portal

Discover the diverse communities in Ontario and find local resources.

Government services in French

Find information on provincial government services in French.

Settlement services in French

Browse a list of settlement agencies in Ontario that offer settlement services in French.

French-language schools

There are 12 French-language school boards in Ontario with over 450 French-language schools.

Newcomer resources

Learn about the government-funded services available to you before and after you arrive in Ontario.

Improve your English and French

Find out how to test or improve your language skills before you arrive.

Work in your profession or trade

Find out how to continue working in your profession or trade if you've been trained in another country.

Services for newcomers and refugees

Find a settlement agency to help you successfully integrate in Ontario.

Get settled in Ontario

Information about housing, health care, getting a driver's license and more.

Foreign credential recognition

Newcomers must have their foreign licenses and certificates recognized to work in some Canadian jobs. Learn more about foreign credential recognition in Canada.

If you completed your education outside of Canada, you must get an educational credential assessment (ECA) report that tells you what your education is equal to in Canada. Find out how to get an ECA on the Government of Canada's website and in OINP application guides.