Fisheries Environmental Registry notices
Information on current fisheries notice(s) that are available for public comment.
Under the Environmental Bill of Rights, government ministries post public notices about environmental matters to the Environmental Registry with information about proposed:
- laws and regulations
- policies and programs
- changes or endings to existing policies and programs
These notices tell you:
- where to find the details about the proposals
- how and where you can send your comments
- the deadline for sending your comments
Lake Nipissing Fisheries Management Plan
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry has posted the Lake Nipissing Fisheries Management Plan to the Environmental Registry. You may access the finalized plan on the Environmental Registry (Ontario.ca/ebr) by searching for registry number 012-1353.
For more information about Lake Nipissing visit Fisheries Management Zone 11 (FMZ 11).
For more information on fisheries management and fishing regulations for Lake Nipissing, please contact:
North Bay District Office
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
3301 Trout Lake Road,
North Bay, ON
Draft provincial fish strategy for Ontario
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry is looking for public feedback on the draft provincial fish strategy. This guiding document for managing Ontario’s fisheries resources:
- identifies goals and objectives for provincial fisheries
- suggests tactics to achieve those goals and objectives
The comment period (January 21 – May 21, 2014) is now closed.
How to comment
- visit the Environmental Registry notice on the draft Fish Strategy for Ontario
- click on the ‘submit comment’ button on the right side of the page
- complete the feedback form
- click ‘save’ to send the form