Funding for Indigenous economic development
How Indigenous peoples can get support for business, employment and training opportunities.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Indigenous Economic Development Fund
The Indigenous Economic Development Fund (IEDF) provides grants and financing to Indigenous entrepreneurs, businesses, communities and organizations. The fund helps promote economic development and improve opportunities for Indigenous people.
The fund supports projects that:
- diversify Indigenous economies
- increase access to employment and training opportunities
- provide start-up and expansion financing for small and medium-sized businesses
- support financing, skills training and other economic development initiatives through collaboration between Indigenous communities and the private sector
The IEDF provides grants and financing through three funding streams:
- Economic Diversification Grant
- Business and Community Fund
- Regional Partnership Grant
IEDF funding stream status and application dates
|Streams||Status||Application start date||Closing date|
|Economic Diversification Grant||Closed||September 1, 2021||October 1, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Business and Community Fund||Closed||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Regional Partnership Grant||Closed||Not applicable||Not applicable|
Indigenous Community Capital Grants Program
The Indigenous Community Capital Grants Program (ICCGP) funds the development of community capital projects that contribute to a sustainable social base and support economic participation in Indigenous communities, both on and off reserve.
The program has funding for three project stages in the capital project process:
- Feasibility study completion
- Design completion
- Construction, renovation, or retrofitting
Applications are open for the Indigenous Community Capital Grants Program.
Deadline to apply is February 18, 2022.
New Relationship Fund
The New Relationship Fund (NRF) supports First Nations, Métis communities, and Indigenous organizations efforts to:
- build consultation and engagement capacity and expertise
- create jobs
- develop business partnerships
- improve economic opportunities
How to apply
More information and instructions on how to apply for these programs can be found at Get funding from the Ontario government: