Our commitment to reconciliation
Ontario is working to address the legacy of residential schools, remove barriers and reconcile relationships with Indigenous peoples.
Join the journey by visiting the Reconciliation Tree.
This year, November 1-7 is Treaties Recognition Week in Ontario. Learn about the role treaties play in all our lives and relationships with each other.
Register today for a Treaties Recognition Week virtual event, review our online treaty resources and learn why treaties matter to all Ontarians.
What we do
- promote collaboration and coordination across ministries on Indigenous policy and programs in partnership with First Nations, Métis and Inuit
- set priorities for, and track the progress of, Ontario’s Indigenous agenda
- enhance government awareness of Indigenous people, issues and best practices for consulting and engaging with Indigenous people
- work with the federal government to find ways to make the most of federal funding
- help Indigenous people access Ontario government programs, services and information
- reform the land claims process to help address historical grievances
- encourage diversity and inclusion, especially representation of Indigenous people, in the Ontario Public Service