Grassroots Growth Program
The Grassroots Growth Program (GGP) provides funding for initiatives that create broader opportunities and greater benefits for the agri-food sector and rural communities in Ontario.
On this page Skip this page navigation
The GGP focuses on providing funding to initiatives that will support government priorities, such supporting the growth of Ontario’s agri-food sector, ensuring sustainability of agriculture and fostering vibrant rural economies.
The program provides funding for initiatives or projects which focus on at least one of the following:
- increasing public engagement and support for agriculture, local food and rural development
- building youth leadership capacity and increasing youth involvement in the agri-food sector
- enhancing safety and risk management practices in the agri-food sector
- strengthening public trust and public knowledge about Ontario’s agri-food systems
- encouraging agri-food and rural development outcomes
Grassroots Growth Initiative
- who can apply
- what projects are eligible and ineligible
- available funding
- eligible and ineligible costs
- the review process
- requirements if you are successful
- communications protocols
Agricultural and Horticultural Grant Initiative
We are providing a one-time grant payment to eligible societies to help protect and support agricultural and horticultural societies as a result of the economic impact of COVID-19.
The funding is based on a society’s most recent grant payment received under the Agricultural and Horticultural Organizations Act.
Learn more about this initiative, including who is eligible, available funding and terms and conditions.
If you have questions about the program, please contact: