Greenbelt technical paper
Technical definitions and criteria for key natural heritage features in the Natural Heritage System of the Protected Countryside Area.
On this page Skip this page navigation
As part of its technical support role to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry developed this technical paper to:
- help implement the policies that are already in place for key natural heritage features located within the Natural Heritage System
- address some existing technical requirements contained in other sections of the Greenbelt Plan
The technical paper can be used by:
- planning authorities
- interested stakeholder groups and others
The technical paper was developed specifically for the policy and ecological context of the Greenbelt Plan Area. It does not constitute new policy for the Greenbelt, rather it provides clarification and assistance for implementing the policies already in the plan. Adhering to this paper will help ensure conformity with the policies in the Greenbelt Plan.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will:
- acknowledge your request within three business days
- provide you with the content within 15 business days