Indigenous Youth Work Exchange Program
How Indigenous students can get a summer job and gain experience and skills in natural resource management.
On this page Skip this page navigation
How it works
You could get an 8-week summer job working with the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry and/or an Indigenous community or organization – for up to 3 summers in a row.
- do hands-on work in natural resource management
- get minimum wage
- get education, training and coaching
- develop personal and professional skills
Who is eligible
You are eligible if you are:
- a person who self-identifies as an Indigenous person (First Nation, Inuit or Métis)
- a student
- between 15-24 years old (up to 29 for persons with a disability)
For more information