Minister's Order: The Ontario Small Cidery and Small Distillery Program
Signed Minister’s Order number 0003/2018.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Whereas a program known as The Ontario Small Cidery and Small Distillery Program ("the Program") was established on February 2, 2017 by Order-In-Council 332/2017 ("OIC 332/2017") for the encouragement of agriculture and food within Ontario;
And whereas subsection 7 (8) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Act ("the Act") provides that a program established by the Lieutenant Governor in Council under section 7 of the Act before March 22, 2017 and that is still in effect on that day is deemed, on and after that day, to be a program established by the Minister under section 6.2 of the Act;
And whereas section 78 of the Legislation Act, 2006 provides that if power to do a thing is conferred on a person, all necessary incidental powers are included;
And whereas I, the Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, wish to make amendments to the Program;
Now therefore, pursuant to my authority under section 6.2 of the Act and section 78 of the Legislation Act, 2006, I hereby order the following:
Part 1 – Interpretation
- Any capitalized term not defined within this Order will have the meaning set out under the OIC 332/2017.
Part 2 – Amendments to the Small Cidery Component of the Program
- Section 20 (4) (b) of OIC 332/2017 is revoked and replaced with:
- Meet the definition of a Small Cidery based on production in the previous calendar year prior to applying to the Program.
- Section 20 (4) (c) of OIC 332/2017 is revoked and replaced with:
- Produce "Ontario wine" as defined in section 1 of the Liquor License Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.19 and as described in subsection 1 (2) of the General Regulation (Reg. 718) made under the same Act, which contains alcohol that does not exceed 13% absolute alcohol volume.
Part 3 – Amendments to the Small Distillery Component of the Program
- Section 22 (4) (b) of OIC 332/2017 is revoked and replaced with:
- Meet the definition of a Small Distillery based on sales in the previous calendar year prior to applying to the Program.
This Order and the amendments within it are effective as of the date of my signature below.
Original signed by
The Honourable Jeff Leal
Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Executed on this 25th day of March, 2018