Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services service objectives
Read the service objectives for the programs and services funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
On this page Skip this page navigation
The service objectives are part of the Transfer Payment Agreement between His Majesty the King in right of Ontario as represented by the Minister of Children, Community and Social Services (“the province”) and the transfer payment recipient (TPR).
The TPR will deliver the programs and services in accordance with the requirements as outlined in the service objectives in addition to all conditions and requirements within the transfer payment agreement.
The TPR is responsible for:
- utilizing the information technology specified by the ministry for the collection and maintenance of information
- maintaining the security, integrity, consistency and validity of the information collected and maintained
- ensuring that data is accurate and kept up-to-date
Throughout the service objectives, the word “ministry” refers to the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
French Language Services
Legislation: French Language Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.32 (FLSA)
A. Non-Designated Recipient Required to deliver services in French in Areas Designated Under the French Language Services Act
Ensure the optimal delivery of the French Language Services (FLS), which is subject to contract negotiations between the province and TPRs and facilitate the accountability and the active offer of services in French by TPRs.
If the TPR is a non-designated TPR required to deliver services in French in areas designated under the FLSA, in addition to any requirements under the FLSA the TPR is required to:
- demonstrate capacity to deliver services in French
- submit a completed FLS Quality Improvement Plan (FLS QIP) in the form provided by the province at the time of budget submission
- participate in the validation process with respect to the FLS QIP with the province
TPRs are required to complete a FLS QIP to be reviewed by the Province at the time of budget submission for each service delivered. TPRs may have multiple FLS clauses that apply to individual services delivered.
B. FLSA Designated Public Service Agency
Ensure the optimal delivery of the FLS, which is subject to contract negotiations between the ministry and TPRs and facilitate the accountability and the active offer of services in French by TPRs.
If the TPR is a TPR designated under the FLSA, it will affirm in a FLS Compliance Attestation in the form provided by the province to be submitted at the time of budget submission that it meets the following criteria:
- permanency and quality of service
- adequacy of access to service and principle of active offer
- effective representation of Francophones on its Board of Directors/Governing Body and its committees
- effective representation of Francophones at management levels within the TPR’s organization
- accountability stated in the by-laws and administrative policies of the TPR, of the Board of Directors/Governing Body and senior management for French language services
- accountability stated in the bylaws and administrative policies of the Recipient, of the Board of Directors/Governing Body and senior management for FLS
The TPR designated under the FLSA, will affirm compliance with the province’s expectations in a FLS compliance attestation form to the province to be submitted at the time of the budget submission. In addition, TPRs designated under the FLSA are required to complete and submit an evaluation tool when requested by the ministry.