Ontario Postsecondary Application Fee Reimbursement Program
If you are, or were, an Ontario child in extended society care (formerly an Ontario Crown ward) who wants to go to college or university, you can be reimbursed for the cost of applying to college or university programs.
On this page Skip this page navigation
If you are currently, or used to be, an Ontario child in extended society care, you can apply to be reimbursed for the money you spent applying to get into college and/or university and other OSAP approved postsecondary programs.
Your age, income or adoption status does not matter to qualify for reimbursement.
You can apply for the program if:
- you are a current or former Ontario child in extended society care (formerly an Ontario Crown ward).
- you haven’t already been granted a postsecondary degree, diploma or certificate from any jurisdiction
- you have applied to an OSAP approved program of study
- you are applying for reimbursement of 2020-21, 2021-22 or
2022-2023 academic year application fees
- you have already paid application fees to the institutions listed in the next section
How much you can apply for
For the 2022–23 academic year, you can apply to be reimbursed for a maximum of two of the following institutional categories:
- Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC): all application fees for up to five first entry university/program choices
- Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS): all application fees for up to five college program choices
- OSAP approved programs offered by Ontario private postsecondary institutions: up to $100 in application fees
- OSAP approved programs offered by out-of-province postsecondary institutions: up to $100 in application fees
Fees charged by other institutions aren’t eligible for reimbursement.
We will not reimburse application fees for second-entry professional programs such as law, medicine, teacher’s college and rehabilitation sciences.
You will need to submit copies of application fee payment receipts with your application.
How to apply
- Download the application fee reimbursement form (PDF) for:
- Print the form and send it, along with all supporting receipts, to:
Funding Policy and System Planning Unit
Postsecondary Education Policy Branch
Ministry of Colleges and Universities
315 Front Street West, 16th floor
Signed electronic applications with all supporting receipts will be accepted as well.
Do not submit an extended society care order, formerly a Crown ward order.
If you have questions about your application, please contact Tim Colfe: