If you are currently, or used to be, an Ontario child in extended society care, you can apply to be reimbursed for the money you spent applying to get into college and/or university and other OSAP approved postsecondary programs.

Your age, income or adoption status does not matter to qualify for reimbursement.


You can apply for the program if:

  • you are a current or former Ontario child in extended society care (formerly an Ontario Crown ward).
  • you haven’t already been granted a postsecondary degree, diploma or certificate from any jurisdiction
  • you have applied to an OSAP approved program of study
  • you are applying for reimbursement of 2022–2023, 2023–2024 or
    2024–2025 academic year application fees
  • you have already paid application fees to the institutions listed in the next section

How much you can apply for

For the 2024–2025 academic year, you can apply to be reimbursed for a maximum of two of the following institutional categories:

  • Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC): all application fees for up to five first entry university/program choices
  • Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS): all application fees for up to five college program choices
  • OSAP approved programs offered by Ontario private postsecondary institutions: up to $100 in application fees
  • OSAP approved programs offered by out-of-province postsecondary institutions: up to $100 in application fees
  • Fees charged by other institutions aren’t eligible for reimbursement.
  • We will not reimburse application fees for second-entry professional programs such as law, medicine, teacher’s college and rehabilitation sciences.

Before you apply – get your documents ready

You will need to submit copies of application fee payment receipts with your application.

How to apply

  1. Download the application fee reimbursement form (PDF) for:

  2. Print the form and send it, along with all supporting receipts, to:

    Tim Colfe
    Funding Policy and System Planning Unit
    Postsecondary Education Policy Branch
    Ministry of Colleges and Universities
    315 Front Street West
    16th floor
    Toronto, Ontario
    M7A 0B8

Signed electronic applications with all supporting receipts will be accepted as well.

Do not submit an extended society care order, formerly a Crown ward order.

Contact us

If you have questions about your application, please contact Tim Colfe: