Regional Municipality of York: Micropollutant Removal
Information on a wastewater project through the Showcasing Water Innovation program.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Find a practical solution for reducing the release of micropollutants, such as pharmaceuticals and personal care products, from water pollution control plants.
The region is collaborating with the University of Toronto to pilot test an advanced oxidation process at the Keswick Water Pollution Control Plant.
- reduced micropollutants in water bodies
- cost-effective and energy-efficient removal of micropollutants
- laboratory-tested technology implemented in a real-world setting
- yorkregion.com: Environment Minister tours Georgina water plant
- MPP Helena Jaczek’s site: Ontario Helping York Region Protect Local Water
View of the Keswick wastewater treatment plant
Membrane basement gallery in the Keswick wastewater treatment plant
Bench scale testing to optimize wastewater treatment
Water Quality Analyst
905-895-9291 ext. 75142