Support for Laurentian University students in certain discontinued programs
The application for the Support Fund for Laurentian Students in Certain Discontinued Programs closed at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 11, 2021. If you have applied for funding already, learn about the review process and payment.
On this page Skip this page navigation
The Support Fund for Laurentian Students in Certain Discontinued Programs provides one-time financial support to students who were enrolled and majoring in eligible programs in 2021.
We are no longer accepting new applications to the Support Fund.
Eligible discontinued English language programs:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – music
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – music performance
- Radiation Therapy – Michener
Eligible discontinued French-language programs:
- Sage femme
To be eligible for financial support, you must be transferring to another publicly assisted postsecondary institution in Canada because no alternate, related programs are available at Laurentian University.
Financial support available
- domestic students can receive up to $4,000
- international students can receive up to $1,075
This one-time financial support may include:
- up to $3,000 for relocation costs, if you are moving to a new city (including housing and travel costs to the new location)
- up to $1,000 for tuition subsidies, to help you cover higher tuition costs at your new postsecondary institution
- up to $75 for the renewal of your study visa, if you are an international student
The amount of funding you are eligible to receive will vary according to your specific situation.
Review process and payment
We are continuing to review pre-screening applications that were received by the submission deadline. If you have applied, the ministry will notify you on:
- next steps related to your transfer to a new postsecondary institution
- whether you qualify for this funding
When to expect payment
If you are eligible to receive this funding, you should receive it from your new postsecondary institution this academic year.
Questions and assistance
If you have questions about your pre-screening application or need assistance, contact the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.